I love to entertain and plan parties! This blog is a collection of photos and parties that I have hosted and decided to share with family and friends. Hopefully, you'll find something that inspires your next event or have a "new find" or party idea you would like to share.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cowboy/Barnyard/Farm Party

My middle son wanted a cowboy party on a farm for his 4th birthday.  There is a petting farm about 20 minutes from the house that is ideal for younger children.  So immediately, I booked the party, began searching for the invitations and ordered the cake.  I definitely wanted invitations that were farm related and I found a precious barnyard invite with animals wearing party hats, from Cross My Heart, and printed them myself.  You might want to try My Expressions.com for a great selection of invitations and stationery.


The farm had so many activities for the kids we didn't need to bring anything to keep them entertained.
They were given bags of bread and carrots to feed the animals.  There was a mini carousel on site along with a playset and finally a tractor-style hayride.  Despite it still being quite hot and humid for October, the kids (and parents) loved it.



We had our own party room, which was an old converted stall in a barn and made a perfect setting. We were allowed to bring in our own food and served bbq beef on a bun, potatoe salad, baked beans, finger sandwiches and brownies. 


I fell in love with a cake I saw on the internet and was perfect for the occasion.  It was two tiered; the top layer was blue with mini horseshoes and red bandana icing trim and the bottom layer was a cow hide print with brown rope icing trim (not fondant).  It was so cute and delicious!


Again, instead of trinkets as party favors, I did individually wrapped cookie favors in the shape of a number 4 with red and blue icing.  Fun was had by all and we would certainly do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment